105,000 Mile Service
GM Specialist is the leading 105,000 mile service shop in Yuba City, CA, Marysville, CA, and Plumas Lake, CA. We pride ourselves on ensuring that your vehicle is running at its optimal performance level. The safety of you and your family is our top priority. Due to the conditions in the Marysville, CA area it is important that the Preventative Maintenance be performed at the recommended level. At the 105,000 Mile Service Interval the Vehicle Manufacturers require certain safety inspections and preventative maintenance. Our trained mechanics focus on only performing the services and repairs your vehicle requires, the safety of you and your family, keeping your vehicle running at its top performance, and ensuring that your factory warranty stays intact. We are able to bring you the highest level of service and properly maintain your vehicle at a fraction of what a dealer would charge. Our 105,000 Mile Service Interval includes the following:
- Before every 105,000 mile service we perform a Quality Assurance Road Test to ensure that your vehicle is handling and performing at its optimal level. If our Mechanics hear or feel anything out of the ordinary they will be able to inspect your vehicle once they place it on the lift. If our Mechanics do not find what they heard or felt during the 105,000 Service Interval Inspection list we will inform you what we experienced during the Road Test to inquire if you would prefer further Diagnostics. Our 105,000 mile Service Interval consist of the following services and inspections:
- Drive Shaft Boots – We ensure that your vehicles Boots are properly sealed, do not have any damage or tears, and are not dry rotted. This ensures that the drive shafts stay properly lubricated and can save an expensive repair of replacing the Drive Shaft.
- Engine Coolant – Your vehicle’s engine coolant is one of the vital fluids that are important to maintaining the engine. Most vehicles require that the Engine Coolant be replaced every 30,000 miles. Vehicle Manufacturers consider Marysville, CA to be rated as a harsh driving area. Manufacturers are upgrading to longer lasting Engine Coolant. Even though they are starting to install Extended Life Coolant it is still extremely important to periodically check on the condition and level of the Engine Coolant. Even Extended Life Coolant breaks down over time. Ensuring that your vehicle’s Coolant System is maintained at its proper level and free from leaks will make the Coolant last longer and perform at its proper level.
- Ball Joints and Dust Covers – Excessive play from the Ball Joints can cause excessive tire wear, poor performance and handling. If not caught early enough can result in failure, cause further suspension damage and leave you stranded on the side of the road. Ensuring that there is no excessive play from the suspension can save the cost of a very expensive repair and prevent a break down.
- Steering Linkage and Boots – We inspect the Linkage and Boots in your Steering. Excessive play in your steering can be dangerous. It can inhibit the speed of your response in an emergency situation and cause issues like excessive tire wear.
- Reset Maintenance Reminder – If your vehicle is equipped with a Maintenance Reminder System we will reset that during your service to ensure you are properly notified for your next Service Interval.
- Brake Linkage/Drums/Pads/Disc – It is extremely important to keep your vehicle running at its top performance for the safety of you and your family. A properly working Braking System is extremely important. The harsh weather conditions in the Marysville, CA area requires more frequent inspections of your Braking System. Routine and thorough inspections of your braking system will ensure that you are able to safely stop your vehicle each and every time. Brake failures also can cost a lot of money to repair. A brake pad that is getting too low and not able to make it to the next Service Interval if not caught can wear into your Rotor and become a very expensive repair.
- Cabin Air Filter and Engine Air Filters – Air Filters are sometimes able to be cleaned. They also need to be replaced periodically. The Engine Air filter keeps debris out of the engine and ensures proper air intake through your engine. Depending where you live in the Marysville, CA area your Air Filter might need to be replaced more frequently. If your Engine Air Filter is clogged it will dramatically reduce the engine’s performance and fuel mileage. Cabin Air Filters are also important to maintain. This filters the air in the passenger compartment. Keeping the Cabin Air filter clean is important to ensure that you and your family are breathing clean air. Failure to keep this clean and debris free can also cause stress on the vehicle ventilation system. This can cause a foul smell and undue stress to the vehicles blower motor and ventilation system.
- Tire Inspection, Rotation, and Inflation – The roads in the Yuba City, CA area sometimes are not always in the best condition. Proper Tire inflation is vital for optimal handling and safety. During each Service Interval our Mechanics will inspect your tires to ensure proper placement for the best performance and longevity of your tires. Tire rotations are performed periodically so that all four tires wear evenly. If you do not rotate your tires they will wear unevenly and will require replacement more frequently. Proper inflation of your tires is essential for proper wear and performance. Properly inflated tires also improve fuel mileage.
- Chassis Bolts and Nuts – During the 15,000 Mile Service Interval we thoroughly inspect the chassis and suspension for irregular wear and loose components. Most vehicles are driven 15,000 miles on average so this is an important safety check that is performed once a year. Preventative Maintenance saves you money because potential issues are caught early and keeps repairs at a minimum.
- Exhaust Pipes and Mountings – Leaks in the Exhaust System can not only be noisy but also dangerous. Your Vehicles Exhaust System has dangerous fumes than need to be properly expelled away from the passenger compartment. Leaks or restrictions in the Vehicles Exhaust System can also cause performance problems. An Exhaust System that is not operating as designed can dramatically reduce your power from the engine and restrict your fuel economy. Periodic inspections of manifolds, seals, gaskets, catalytic convertors, and pipes will ensure the safety of you and your family and keep your vehicle running as designed.
- Replace Engine Oil and Filter – Due to the climate in the Marysville, CA area Vehicle Manufacturers consider us to be in harsh driving conditions. They require more frequent Oil and Filter changes. Routinely changing your vehicle’s engine oil per the manufacture’s guidelines is an essential part of properly maintaining your vehicle and keeping the warranty intact. The oil keeps the internal components of the engine lubricated and the filter collects any debris preventing it from damage. This is an essential routine maintenance item to ensure performance and longevity of your vehicle.
- There is more to servicing your vehicle than just changing your oil and rotating your tires. Proper Preventative Maintenance will save you money and also your time. We are part of the Marysville, CA community. If you are in the Yuba City, CA, Marysville, CA, or Plumas Lake, CA areas and looking for an honest and dependable mechanic please contact us. We value your time, save you money, and gets you back on the road as quickly and safely as possible. Call us at (530) 755-9700 to setup a convenient appointment to ensure the safety and reliability of your vehicle.
Areas Served : Yuba City, CA | Marysville, CA | Plumas Lake, CA | and surrounding areas